For help with your order, reply to your confirmation email. For help with anything else, use this contact form to write to us and we'll be in touch shortly.
- Where is Musubi based? Do you have a retail storefront I can visit, or dealers I can buy from?
The atelier is based in sunny, rainy Singapore. We do not have a retail presence or distributor network; this website is the only place from which you can purchase a Musubi diary or pen case.
The one exception is that we occasionally exhibit at pen shows and other fairs around the world, during which we may sell in person. Please follow our Instagram account at @ateliermusubi for updates on such events.
- Do you ship internationally? How much does shipping cost and how long does it take?
Yes. You will receive your order via DHL Express. Shipments originate from Singapore and depart the atelier Monday through Friday.
Products on the store are marked either as "ships immediately" or "made to order" in the spec sheet on each product page. If your entire order is made up of the former, it will ship within 48 hours of your order. Conversely, if your order contains items that need to be made, it will ship within two weeks. Please order early if purchasing one of these items as a gift for a special occasion.
Shipping charges are directly based on the rates DHL and the postal service charge us, and will automatically be calculated at checkout based on the weight of your order. As a guideline, these are the usual prices and transit times we observe:
- shipments to the United States: from 15 USD; two to four days;
- shipments to Europe: from 14 EUR; two to three days;
- shipments to Asia: from 10 SGD; one to three days;
- shipments to Australia: from 15 AUD; two to four days.
Customs and duties are not included in our quoted shipping charges, and may be levied separately by your country's customs authorities. In addition, you may be charged an advancement fee by the courier for clearing your package and prepaying your duties. You are responsible for these duties and fees.
A phone number is required for all international orders, and your delivery will require a signature upon receipt. We strongly discourage the use of signature release on shipments and are unable to accept responsibility in the event such a package is lost or stolen.
If you are shipping to an APO/FPO address, DHL Express cannot ship to you; you will be offered registered airmail at checkout. Please note that packages sent via the postal service instead of DHL cannot be replaced in the case of loss or damage.
- What payment options and currencies do you accept?
We accept the following payment options:
- Visa, MasterCard and Amex cards, through Stripe's secure payment system
- PayPal Express Checkout
- Apple Pay and Google Pay
- Shop Pay (Shopify)
No matter which payment method you use, all transactions are secure and encrypted, and the atelier does not see nor store your payment information.
All prices are in Singapore dollars. Your issuing bank and credit card company determine the conversion rate to your local currency.
- Is my payment and personal information secure?
Yes. The entire Musubi website uses the HTTPS protocol and your connection to us is encrypted throughout the whole process, from browsing products to making a purchase.
You can verify the secure nature of our website by looking for the lock icon in your browser's address bar, and clicking it for additional information.
- I selected PayNow at checkout. What is the atelier's PayNow information?
Please transfer the correct amount to the UEN below:
Atelier Musubi Private Limited
Your order will be confirmed within two working days of the atelier receiving your payment.
- I clicked the checkout button but got redirected to a non-functional page. Why?
This problem occurs because of a standards compliance issue with Safari and Mobile Safari. Using a different browser will resolve the problem.
- I tried to place an order but could not complete the shipping process. Why?
There is a weight limit of 10 kg per order. For reference, an A5 handbound journal is around 0.6 kg.
You can break a larger order into multiple orders; alternatively, write to us using the contact form and we'll help.
- I tried to order but my payment was declined. Why?
The top three reasons why a payment is declined are:
- An incorrect card security code (three digits for Visa/MC and four digits for Amex). Check that you've entered your code correctly.
- An incorrect postal code on your billing address. Check that your postal code is correct.
- Your card issuer sees an international transaction from Singapore and flags it as suspect. This can usually be resolved with a phone call to your bank.
If you're still having trouble after trying these solutions, please write to us using our contact form and we'll see how we can help.
- I made a mistake in my order. Can I change it after it’s been placed?
We can correct your order for you. Reply to your order email with the necessary changes, and we'll get it sorted out.
If there's a price difference due to the correction, you'll receive a refund or an invoice as appropriate.
- What is the atelier’s policy on returns and refunds?
We do not accept returns or issue refunds. If we've made a mistake with your order, please contact us by replying to your order confirmation email and we'll make it right.
- How do I care for my Musubi product?
- Should you accidentally spill something on your journal, whether cover or paper, use a napkin to absorb the spill immediately.
- Snags are the mortal enemy of embroidered and woven fabric. If your diary features embroidery or weaving, please take extra care to make sure the fabric doesn’t catch on anything.
- When you're ready to archive a completed journal, store it in a cool and dry place with good airflow and low humidity.
- To ensure that the impact-resistant frame doesn’t deform over time, avoid regularly setting heavy objects on top of your case.
- You can spot clean this product by gently dabbing, rather than rubbing, with a damp cotton cloth and a very small amount of gentle soap. Be sure to air-dry it thoroughly afterwards.
- The sewn binding and open spine allow our Tomo notebooks to be opened beyond a 180-degree angle; however, the gentler you are when doing this the more durable the binding will be over time.
Finally, in keeping with artisanal practice and the wabi in wabi-sabi, Musubi products intentionally preserve the subtle variations and imperfections that mark each one as a handmade creation. We hope you’ll enjoy the particular warmth that only something made by hand can bring.
- What personal information do you collect when I place an order, and how is it used?
When you place an order with us, we collect your name, payment information, billing and shipping addresses, email address and phone number.
- Your payment information is used to process your order. We do not see nor store it.
- Your shipping address, email address and phone number are shared with DHL Express so that they can get your order to you.
- Following the completion of your order, we store your customer and order record in encrypted form.
The atelier does not sell information to, nor does it share information with, third parties except as above.
We can provide a complete record of the personal information we hold on you, or delete your information, upon request; please use the contact form to get in touch with us. Please note that we are required to preserve records for at least five financial years past your latest order in accordance with Singapore law.
- Do you accept corporate orders?
We do. Please use the contact form to write to us with your specific needs and we'll get back to you. We have significant experience working with hotels, private banks and other corporate clients, and can offer customisations that will help you represent and project your brand.
Write to us early if possible, as large or complex orders may require a significant lead time.